Hey everyone! Black Lives Matter Guelph is so excited to be hosting our first event, Make A Joyful Noise!
We believe the Black experience is one of JOY! We wanted to create a safe Black space where Black artists can come together and share their talents, histories, and truths. Black art and expression is an incredible tool for advocacy and activism and it is imperative that we amplify the voices of our Black community.
It is important that we ensure Black artists are taken care of so 85% of the ticket sales/donations will go towards our wonderful artists! The remaining 15% of the proceeds will go towards 1492 Land Back Lane. This donation is in solidarity with the Indigenous peoples who were colonized on the land in which we all reside. We believe in action-based land acknowledgments.
Make A Joyful Noise has five exciting and liberating artists from the Guelph and Kitchener/Waterloo region: Emmitt Leacock, Jahshona, Tania Joy, SabSpoke, and Joni NehRita. Join us on May 29th, 2021 at 7:00 PM to immerse yourself in a celebration and amplification of local Black voices.